Buying a house can be stressful and daunting. Buying it before it is built even more so. When purchasing a new-build property, you often buy it before construction has begun, or later in the construction process, meaning you often only see the show-home before exchanging contracts. Instructing a qualified solicitor who understands the conveyancing process and has the experience to guide you through can minimise the stress and result in a smoother transaction.
1. Congratulations on your reservation!
2. We will open a file and confirm your instructions to the developer.
3. Need a mortgage? You should speak to your broker to get things underway. Once confirmed, we will report to you on the terms of the mortgage.
4. We will tell you all you need to know about the property you are buying. Any questions, just ask.
5. We have exchanged. This is the point where your deposit of usually 10% (or 5% for Help to Buy) of the purchase price is paid to the developer and you are contractually tied in
6. Completion will either be on a fixed date or on 10 working days notice once the plot is complete. At this stage, we will request any balance of funds required for completion.
7. Keys are released. You now own the property.
1. Pay Stamp Duty
2. Obtain NHBC new build warranty insurance certificate
3. Apply to Land Registry to register the property in your name
Despite what you may be told, the use of telephone and internet-based ‘bulk conveyancers’ can increase the risks associated with buying or selling your home. We believe in a personal, honest approach; which is why you will always be allocated a solicitor who will handle your case from beginning to end… not a faceless team. We aim to make the process as transparent, clear and quick as can be … so you can get excited about getting the keys.
1. We are familiar with the sites and the process. This means we can help foresee problems and more importantly - solutions.
2. We have a number of offices across the Solent area which you can use and where we can meet. We have offices based in Portsmouth, Cosham, Lee-on-the-Solent, Fareham and Ryde on the Isle of Wight.
3. We offer a fixed fee so you know exactly how much our service is going to cost.
4. All our files are overseen by a senior solicitor.
Housing market on the go slow
January 2021More Info
Churchers Solicitors wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.More Info
Churchers has appointed solicitor, Lynn Perry, to join their Buying and Selling your Home teamMore Info