Wills & Probate
Christopher qualified as a solicitor and joined Churchers in 2007, being appointed partner in 2013. He is a senior member of the Wills, Probate and trusts department and has experience of a wide range of private client work, including drafting Wills, setting up and administering Trusts and dealing with Powers of Attorney. He specialises in advising on Inheritance Tax and the administration of estates, and believes in providing practical and effective advice tailored to each client.
Christopher is a supervisor within the team, and is a full member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP) as well as a full member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE).
- Areas of Expertise Include
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Inheritance Tax
- Estate Administration
- Professional Memberships
- Member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Hampshire Law Society
- Member of Solicitors for the Elderley (SFE)
- And In His Spare Time
- Learning to play golf, music and reading crime fiction.
- My clients love what I do
- "We were very impressed by Chris, and how he explained things to us in plain English" March 2021
- "I just wanted to drop you a quick email to say how brilliant Chris Matthews' secretary, Lorraine, has been with helping chase the executor. Lorraine has been excellent at keeping me updated so that I can keep the sale together and inform the rest of the chain. I really appreciate all of her hard work and help"